New year – new goals. What are your new year property resolutions?
Happy new year! How are your new year’s resolutions looking so far? Have you taken the first step to achieving your goals during the first few days of 2020? Maybe we can help! Of course, we probably can’t motivate you to lose weight or exercise more, but as your mortgage broker, we can help you achieve your property goals this year.
Don’t know where to start? Check out these property goals and how we can help you achieve them.
- Buying your first home
This could be the year to buy your first home! Isn’t that exciting? Home values have increased over the last decade while mortgage rates drop, so now could be the right time to consider taking out a home loan. Get in touch with us soon, so we can help you get on the property ladder for the first time. We can help you by:
- Determining your borrowing capacity.
- Creating a budget for your purchase and a savings plan for your deposit.
- Exploring alternative ideas for a deposit, such as a guarantor’s home loan, for example.
- Helping you plan on how to clear off your debt and/or improve your credit report to make you a more attractive prospect for lenders.
- Going through grants, concessions, or other initiatives to get you into your own home sooner.
- Giving you referrals for reputable professional valuators, conveyancers, solicitors, and accountants.
- Organising pre-approval on your home loan, so you know how much you can spend and save time on your property hunt.
- Managing all the loan application paperwork.
- Moving into your next home
Upsizing, downsizing, sea-change, treechange, job requirement – there are different reasons and motivations for moving into your next home this year. There are a lot of great options that it may get overwhelming. Even if you already know how to purchase a home, you’re bound to have questions when buying your next place. To make sure you grab a bargain, you can ask us about:
- The costs involved.
- Property and market reports to help guide your purchasing decision.
- Using the equity in your current home as a deposit.
- Bridging loan.
- Investing in property
If you have no plans of moving into a new home yet, purchasing an investment property is also worth considering. Save time planning and researching by speaking to us to help you with:
- Comprehensive property and market reports to help you choose the right property in the right location.
- Comparing the loan market to find the right loan products that meet your strategy.
- Making computations.
- Referring you to reputable property managers and other professionals.
- Working with your accountant and/or financial planner on your investment strategy.
- Getting loan pre-approval and ensuring your loan application goes smoothly.
- Accessing equity in your home or from another investment property to use as a deposit.
- Better management of expenses and cash flow
You can maximise your borrowing capacity by managing your expenses and getting on top of your cash flow. As your mortgage broker, we can help you in this area by:
- Helping you understand your current financial health.
- Providing you with options for debt consolidation.
- Referring you to reliable professionals who can help you organise your financial affairs.
- Renovating your current home
If you’re thinking of renovating or expanding your current home this year, here are the ways we can help you in this area:
- Run through your plans to determine how much money you will need and how much you can borrow.
- Explain your finance options for renovations, to help you choose the right loan.
- Provide you with valuable insights into what to expect when renovating to keep you from being financially overwhelmed.
Ready to plan your 2020 property goals?
A goal without a plan is just a wish, so let’s get started on planning today and make your goals a reality this 2020! Please get in touch – we look forward to working with you in achieving your dream home or investment property.
Additional Source: https://www.corelogic.com.au/news/housing-affordability-has-improved-over-past-ten-years-across-most-regions-australia
The information provided is general information only and has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. We recommend that you consider whether it is appropriate for your circumstances. Your full financial situation will need to be reviewed prior to acceptance of any offer or product. This article does not constitute legal, tax or financial advice and you should always seek professional advice in relation to your individual circumstances. Subject to lenders terms and conditions, fees and charges and eligibility criteria apply.